The State of West Virginia has many exciting job opportunities in a wide variety of fields from construction
to health care, and social work to food service. To assist you in your job search, we have identified a
few jobs for which we have a critical and/or frequent need. These and many more
open job titles are listed
on our Web site. Be sure to complete an Online Interest Card
to receive automatic email notification
of new job openings that match your interests. After reviewing the list below, return to our
Job Opportunities Site
review the full job postings and learn how to apply.
Critical Need Jobs.
For more information, review the full posting, or call the contact person listed.
Jobs with Frequent Hires:
- Critical need in many locations for Child Protective Service Worker, & Trainee, and
Social Service Worker 3. Contact: Carleen Wilson at 304-558-8330.
- URGENT! LPNs, RNs, Health Service Workers at Hopemont State Hospital in Preston Co. Call Brenda Thomas 304-789-2411 x298
- Health Service Workers & Trainees (CNAs) needed at Manchin Health Center, Fairmont and Jackie Withrow Hospital in Beckley.
- Physicians and Specialists Needed. Call for more information, 304-356-4819.
- Nurse, LPN, Health Service Worker - Veterans Nursing Facility, Clarksburg. Call: Kathy Hess 304.626.1600 x2006
- Guard - Sharpe Hospital Call: Donna Smith, 304.269.1210 x385
- Correctional Officer - Martinsburg Correctional Center. Call Kathy L. Cole, 304-267-0156 x306
Correctional Officer - Mount Olive Correctional Center Jobs. Call Jane West at 304-442-7213
- Customer Service Workers - Motor Vehicles, Mingo County, other locations
- Recreation Specialists and Recreation Assistants are often needed at state hospitals
- Registered Nurses and LPNs - all facilities
- Health Service Workers - all Health facilites
- Correctional Officer - Division of Corrections, Regional Jails, and Juvenile Services (many locations)
- Office Assistant and Secretary. We have a continuous need for high skilled office support workers.
- Tax Audit Clerk Trainee
- Transportation Worker - especially CDL qualified, many locations
The Division of Highways has a continuous need for construction workers, equipment operators and technicians.
- Accounting Technician
- Adult Protective Service Workers, Child Protective Service Workers, Social Workers - a rewarding career
- Economic Service Workers - various locations (determine eligibility for financial assistance.)
- Customer Service Workers - Motor Vehicles, several locations
- Child Support Specialist, Paralegal, Technician
- Cooks and Food Service - all facilities
- Criminal Justice Specialist
- Environmental Resources Specialists, and Inspectors
- Insurance Assistant
- Lottery Investigator, Accountant, Technician (various other Lottery jobs)
- Substance Abuse Therapist
- Remember, this is only a partial list of our open jobs.
Thanks for your interest in West Virginia State Employment.